Sunday, April 3, 2016

It's been a while...

Well it has been a long time between posts so I’ve got some catching up to do:

6.5 lbs early spring bass


On the Fishing Front:
The winter Bass bite hasn’t been as epic as last year, but we have still had some great days.  Between my Dad and I we managed five VA citation large mouths.  The fish were caught on a mix of jerk baits, jigs and crank baits.  Appomattox River Company (ARC) sponsored a best three fish Bass tournament in February and we managed to place first and second.  In addition to the bass I managed three citation yellow perch, a citation pickerel, a bunch of crappie and a few catfish.

21in Winter bass 

The crankbait bite has been hot in the last few weeks 

My fattest bass of the year and 22in long 


24in trophy pickerel 

Big perch caught on bass lures

I did some bank fishing and found some nice crappie 

In the local creeks, the catfish have been biting real well

My dad caught several nice bass including this 22in trophy 

I gave a pre and post spawn bass presentation at ARC and will be giving another presentation this Thursday for the Virginia Beach Anglers Club.



In other news:
Senior year has been real busy, but going really well.  I was fortunate enough to get accepted to several colleges and after a lot of thought I have committed to Christopher Newport University.   It is a great school and I plan on majoring in business and marketing with hopes of working in the kayaking and fishing industry after graduation.  They also have an excellent Bass team.  Next weekend I will be fishing with the team as they get ready for a tournament.



One of the reasons I have been so busy is soccer.  This year I was selected as one of the team captains and we are off to a great start going 3-0 with two shut outs.  GO PACKERS!!!!




Well that catches everyone up on what has been going on with me.  The bass are heading for the beds which makes for some exciting and frustrating sight fishing and soon the saltwater bite will pick up.  I am looking forward to my first red drum of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment